“Area ex Falck” redevelopment of ex industrial area in Sesto San Giovanni, Milan (Italy)
ClientMilano Sesto S.p.A.
Work activitiesDetailed design
PlaceSESTO SAN GIOVANNI, MILAN (ITALY)
Period2016 - 2017
The Project is the Design and Construction of the redevelopment of ex industrial area Falck – Sesto San Giovanni , that was at the forefront of the first industrialization and economic boom that allowed Italy to recover economically at the end of World War II.
The project includes the development of:
- a mixed-use retail areas for approximately 136.000 sqm
- a mid-rise residential area, approximately 133.000 smq for residential
- a Cinema and outdoor leisure complex
- basement parking facilities throughout
Alpina spa – Services provided or in progress:
- the preliminary design of the “Ring roads package”, a primary roads network that connects the area to the existing primary network (Tangenziale);
- the preliminary design of the “Union roads package”, a secondary road network that connects the area to the main existing attractive poles such as the railway station, the “Città della Salute” (Health City) and the new green park, This Package roads includs the preliminary design of a underpass of 100 m, under the railways, for public transportation that connects the areas of the city, today separated of the rail infrastructure; the associated utilities services networks.