Itare dam water supply project (Kenya)
Work activitiesFinal design, detailed design and assistance during construction
Period2016 - 2018
This project is aimed at improving water supply in the Nakuru Municipality and its environs: Molo, Elburgon, Salgaa and Njoro towns.
Integrated water system for the supply of the potable water from the new Itare Dam to the villages of Nakuru is mainly composed by:
- a dam (total storage volume of 11,6 Mm³);
- a raw water pipeline of 1,25 km long and 1200 mm diameter;
- a WTP consisting of sedimentation units, filters, chlorination;
- a treated water pipeline, 63 km long and 1200 mm diameter;
- a free surface water transfer tunnel 3,2 m diameter and 14 km long;
- a treated water pipeline, 33 km long and 1200/900 mm diameter;
- a 5000 m³ reservoir at Ngata site;
- a distribution pipeline 32 km long.